Fort Morgan Lunch!

apples1              What’s every student’s favorite time of the day?  That’s right.  Lunch.  There are many different choices of lunch that students have.  You can stay at school and eat what the cafiteria is serving, you can eat the food from the all-a-cart, or you can go out for school lunches.  And lets not forget the old fashioned way… you can pack a lunch!  First, let’s talk about the price of school lunch.  Whether it’s eating what’s at the school, or going out, it still gets expensive.  School lunch is a whole $1.75.  And if you eat the “better” food from the all-a-cart it can be up to $5.00.  That adds up.  5 days a week and almost 20 days a month, that’s about $35.oo.  That could be more than a phone bill! 

“I think the prices are WAY too high.”  Says Sophmore, Kim Morford.  A lot of the FMHS students go off campus when that lunch bell finally rolls around.  They may go to their favoite fast food, gas stations, grocrie stores, or their houses.  Some refuse to eat school luches because it’s “too greasy,” says Junior, Breanna Ramsey, or “because sometimes you don’t get enough food for what you’re paying for,” says Kim Morford.  While others, like Freshman, River Barton, think different. “I love to eat school lunches. I think they’re delicious.”

A lot of people go out because you can almost get more food, for the same amount of money.  What do you think the school could do to make lunches better?  Some students think that “It’s way too greasy.” or that “It tastes like plastic and cardboard!”  It isn’t just the students.  Parents aren’t really satified with the amounts of the food, and the nutrients in them either. “I think I spend more money eating school lunch than I do going out for lunch.” Says, Freshman, River Barton.  Therefore, everyone thinks that the school should serve bigger portions for FMHS’s growing teens.

Pictures found at: dietsinreview